Friday, April 24, 2009

Perfect Simple Birthday

Today I was born. 29 years ago. . .so grateful for each year I get to spend with my family on this beautiful but challenging earth. Handsome asked me what I wanted for my birth. I really couldn't think of much. My first response was a Home (that was before we knew where we were going), then I mentioned food storage (of which is not so exciting to give), and being pregnant and not feeling like any sort of Cake it was hard to think of b-day dessert. I did mention I wanted my Christ Healing at Bethesda print in a frame , and then I found one in our basement and was so excited to frame, it I did it myself. I guess I am not much fun this year. I ended up telling Handsome he could go pick out some small things but his limit was $50, I really don't NEED anything. This morning I woke to sweet CharLee singing to me and Beau curled up next to my head, and the Handsome sound asleep. . . he was up with Beau at 3a.m, bless him.  Handsome then made me cracked wheat and CharLee was anxious for the gifts as usual.  I received 2 very simple but so needed gifts. CharLee wrote me the most precious card telling me of all the gifts he was to give in addition to the one in the bag. . . ie. date night with Mom, a surpise Mario Kart challenge etc. He gave me 4 lovely grapefruit spoons. The Luvs know how much I have been loving grapefruit with my tart cravings, and I am always saying I can never find a spoon, it was perfect! Then I received my 2nd oh so needed gift. A week ago when i was changing out our bed sheets, I noticed that the sheets on our bed were threads away from tearing in half. The Handsome remembered me saying something about it, and so I received beautiful soft khaki sheets! I was so excited for these so needed simple gifts from my little family's heart.

As for the day I did put in my request. I wanted to go do sealings with Handsome, but I'm afraid we will save it for another day, Beau is a little sick.  Then this afternoon when CharLee gets home we are going to pack a picnic, buy some good tart raspberry&lime shakes and go to this beautiful meadow park near where we will be living soon. We plan to also take hyper Elle pup with us to do a little fetch. I am so excited for a day of  simple beautiful time with my little family. .  .A simply perfect birthday, I love it!
Luvs,Gpants  

6 comments:

heidi said...

Happy Birthday Ash! We love you and your family and will miss you being so close! Hope your day is splendid=] Loves, Heidi, Zane and tinies=]

jer and syd said...

Happy Happy Birthday Ashley Dear... My most favorite gifts are the time spent with those I love doing things I love doing. Your birthday sounds wonderful. I hope it turns out perfectly simple!! Enjoy.

much love...

Arica said...

Happy Birthday Ashley!

Annie said...

Happy Birthday! Love you

Lizzy said...

Sounds like you had a beautiful day. \wish we dould have been there to celebrate with you. We will celebrate when we get home! We are having a wonderful time. Japan is so beautiful and so are the people/ We love and miss you guys!

Mom L

JAnderegg said...

Happy Birthday! Why didn't I know that! Dang, what a bad neighbor. I sure am going to miss you!!!