Monday, November 3, 2008

Real Life Holiday Greetings

So I promise the Halloween activities will be documented soon. But till then, I had this pic handy because I worked on it today. So we did it. The once a year single shot of the family. Sometimes I wish I had someone to take our pics so the fam would be little more cooperative; hence I go with the candid feel a lot. However, this shot is priceless to me. The tenderness in the eyes of my little fruits is so real. This year I decided to do the "all natural" reality look. When I started photography, my goal was to capture reality of life. . .how it IS at the moment. For this pic, it was at the end of a busy day and we are in typical lounge wear. . . as we are in everyday life. I want to remember what life is/was really like and not take an image that is all "dolled" up. Hence the natural colors, look and feel. I did have a little say of the color scheme and I did make Beaus hat to add just a little extra somethin. All in all I think it turned out good. I love my family. Life is a beautiful adventure. You may just see it again in our Holiday Greetings.
Luvs,Ash

6 comments:

Barlow and Lannie said...

Hi Ashley. I ran a crossed your blog from the Meyer's blog. You have such a cute family and do such great work. I was reading your post and was wondering if your interested in taking each others family pic? As photographers, we both know how hard it is to take your own family pic. Though, every year I still try and every year am reminded how hard it is with kids. :) Let me know if your interested.
eltonfilmandimages.blogspot.com

Lannie Elton

Landon and Julie said...

That picture is beautiful! You have a gift!

McGraths said...

I LOVE IT!

Megan said...

I love that picture! Very real and very you! Love it!

heidi said...

Such a great pic! So tender=]

Butler Family said...

Hey guys!! just found your blog off another friends site. The picture is rad.. you guys are just a beautiful family and amazing photographers! Ash